Friday, January 2, 2009

Reviews Part 1

Let me bust out a cliche and say that I can't believe how fast this year went by. 2009 sounds so foreign to me. I guess I've got 364 days left to get used to it. :) Let's review.....

January found us in the midst of a big eczema struggle. I was nursing Max and trying all sorts of elimination diets to try to figure out the cause. What a stressful, painful time. I was down to 110 pounds, Max was in misery. He was a great baby but I recall the pain he was in and it still breaks my heart to think about! His hands were like alligators and his skin was red and dry all over. He rarely smiled. :( Boo hoo!

Things got better when spring arrived and the weather was a little less dry. Insert lots of doctor appointments and dermatologist appointments which proved fruitless and intensely frustrating.

Fast forward to June, our Baethge vacaethge! Okay, family vacation is what I meant. We had a great time and found out that we were going to have another baby! WOW.

Then sometime in July/August we took Max to a naturopathic doctor/chiropractor where he received the first treatment to actually help his condition. Candida overgrowth! Follow up with two months of homeopathic antifungal treatment and we have a brand new boy. I still can't believe the difference and there isn't a night that goes by where we don't praise God for His healing. Amazing. Never let any conventional doctor tell you that there is no cure for what ails you..... you just have to dig a little deeper for the root cause of it all. I have a friend whose mother was diagnosed with MS and told there was no hope. Six months of naturopathic treatment and she was a brand new person, healthy as ever and continues to be. But I better get off my health soapbox while I still can!

Anyway, our boy continues to have smooth as silk skin. You should see all his smiles and giggles! He's the happiest 20-month-old I know. :)

In September Randy and I celebrated three years together in San Antonio. We had a blast with Max at the zoo, and got to go out to eat at the Old San Francisco Steakhouse. Yummy!

Fall came and went and before we knew it, it was Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Wow. We put Max through Potty Training Boot Camp, (seriously, that's what the ebook was called) and he is pretty much potty trained, still in a diaper when he sleeps or when we travel. Cool, just in time for the baby too. What a load off our minds. He did great.

Which brings us to 2009. What can this year hold for us? Who knows except God? Lord willing, in mid-February we will welcome with open arms a new addition to our family. I am so excited about having this baby! Will it be a boy or a girl? Who cares! I'm excited about either one. I can't wait to finally, for the first time in my life, be a part of a four-member family. Can't wait to nurse a tiny baby once more, and to cloth diaper a little cutie pie! Shockingly, I am even excited about delivering the baby! I can't wait to see how the Lord works it out this time around. Hopefully we make it to the hospital on time!!! (Even so, I don't think I'd mind too much even if we didn't make it in time, but I'm just weird that way. At least Randy knows how to deliver a baby in an emergency!)

If you happen to think of us, please send up prayers for the delivery. We would be so grateful for that.

Stay tuned for the rest of my blog. Happy 2009 everyone!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I really enjoyed reading about your year. You and your family are very blessed! Oh, and I was super excited about the delivery part too! It is such an awesome experience and I will be praying for you as your time draws near. Look forward to "meeting" your new baby!