Friday, January 30, 2009

Okay Moms..... tell me how it is

You moms out there, you must fill me in. I have some very important questions! Sweet Pea could come at any time in the next two and a half weeks, which leaves me wondering some things.

1. Am I really, I mean, really going to be able to love the second one just as much as I love Max???? Please explain to me how this could be. I love the baby very much and I can feel more and more love each day, but it just seems that Max has such a head start on me loving him! How could I ever be as enamored of #2 as I was of #1????

2. Does breastfeeding hurt as much the second time around? I haven't nursed in I guess six months or so. I just remember the first few weeks were very trying and then things got so much better. Do I need to prepare myself mentally for that challenge again?

3. Is having two kids hard??? I have had some friends tell me it is a breeze compared to having just one, and some tell me that it is double the duty. What do you think?

4. Will you take a minute to say a quick prayer that the Lord would work everything together for the delivery day? We have a 65-mile drive to make, my doctor is out of town for the next week, Max came two weeks early, and with him I had a 3 hour labor and barely made it to the hospital in time. So, I am just praying the Lord will work it all together for His glory... will you pray that right quick???


THANKS!!!!!

xoxo

3 comments:

Janet said...

Danielle~
Hey! I just prayed for you and will continue to. I can't wait to hear your birth story and what God has done through all of this. It's amazing how he works everything out, even if it doesn't go according to "our" plans. I don't know if you would like to read Mary-Kate's birth story, but if you do you can here. http://theabernathyfamily.blogspot.com/2008/05/mary-kates-birth-story.html I have left out some details, but I put a lot down too. It was a really special time to me.

Now, in answer to your questions.
1. YES! I really didn't understand this one until I had MK. I would just look at Kade and think, there is no way someone can compare to him. I knew I loved MK even in the womb, but I still couldn't picture it. But wow, when I looked at her and held her for the first time, I was smitten. I like to describe it as your heart doesn't split, like you won't love your children half equally, but rather it grows bigger and there is more love than there was to begin with! You will wonder how you ever lived without #2.

2. Breastfeeding was soo much easier the 2nd time around. I attribute that to being prepared, experienced, and having a natural birth where no one was drugged up. I believe it did hurt a little in the beginning, so you should be prepared for that, but I think you will be surprised at how quickly it becomes easy again. With MK it had only been about 6 months since I hadn't breastfed too and it really does come back quickly.

3. For me it has not been, but I think MK has been a really easy baby. I have had a very easy transition from 1 to 2 kids. The hardest part has been having a 2 year old and dealing with his defiance and energy. I would have been dealing with that anyway. I think it also helps that Kade loves MK so much and loves to be a helper to me.

Sorry to have written so much, but I just want to encourage you as your time is quickly coming. I am very excited for y'all and know that things will be great! Much prayers, and blessings!

Erin said...

Aaahh! Yay! The time is near! I will certainly be praying for all of the details to fall together according to His perfect timing.
Here are my thoughts--
1. Yes, you will absolutely love this baby as much as your first. I didn't think it was possible but somehow it works. It just happens. And you won't believe how different this tiny baby is. Everything seems the same and then they are different and it's wonderful. Fascinating. You'll be overwhelmed.
2. You'll be much more relaxed this time around so that part will be easier. But engorgement is still pretty miseralble so be ready for that. Have your cabbage leaves ready :)
3. For me the adjustment to two (or three) is much easier than the adjustment to 1. Your life is already rearranged and kid-proofed, so to speak, so I felt like the adjustment was much easier. However, Max is younger than my kids were so I'm not sure how it will be for you. But you are going to do great. And in every situation the Lord give grace and strength.
4. I will pray and have been praying. Wish I were close enough to bring you a few meals for the freezer!

Blessings, friend-

As For Me and My House said...

Hiya dandy! If you want my answers to these questions, you can call and ask me! hahaha :) We are praying for you and Sweetpea and the boys too! The kids can't wait to meet their new cousin and I am so excited to be Aunt Nettie again! Thanks for that gift! We love you so much xoxoxoxoxo