this evening i was absentmindedly washing the dishes, and i got to the silverware. tired, and ready for the dishwashing to be over (as always), i grabbed a handful of silverware to wash several at once. i grabbed several sharp knives as well as some of max's little plastic baby spoons. all of a sudden my mind jolted! i thought, i can't wash these knives with max's spoons! that's dangerous for them!
LOL somehow my mind equated max's dinnerware with max himself! please tell me another mother understands how my mind could jump to such a silly conclusion!
i guess with all children, but especially with a toddler or baby, you become so accustomed to looking to prevent danger at any given time that it just stays with you. now answer me this, just how long does this stay with you? will i still do this after max leaves the home? (my mom still does this to me you know.)
anyway. i washed the knives and spoons together without the slightest incident. whew!
Poverty
12 years ago
1 comment:
Ha! I totally get this! I guess when you are constantly running around, saving little people's lives everyday, it's just hard to turn it off. Even when it comes to inanimate objects :)
And since I'm still in the trenches, I really don't know how long it will last.
Post a Comment